a reminder that registration has opened for ACP 10:
Atlanta Celebrates Photography
ACP 10 Portfolio Review
As part of ACP 10, Atlanta Celebrates Photography will offer a day of portfolio reviews with a distinguished group of reviewers on Saturday, October 11th, 2008, at Grady High School in Atlanta. Space is available for fifty-two (52) photographers, and each photographer will receive four reviews. Confirmed photographers will be able to requests reviewers in July, and the final assignments will be done through a computerized matching program. ACP makes every effort to match photographers with their first choice of reviewers.
We will be accepting registrations for the ACP 10 Portfolio Review starting May 26th, 2008. Registrations to this year’s Portfolio Review are juried, and attendees will need to submit 3-5 jpgs with a brief artist’s statement for consideration. Registration will remain open until June 7th, and successful registrants will be notified by June 14th.
Your Images: You will need to submit 3-5 jpgs for consideration. Please make sure each file is less than 1 megabyte and no wider than 900 pixels. Please name your jpgs sequentially, as follows: “lastname_firstname_01.jpg”
Artist’s Statement: You will need to submit a brief artist’s statement of 3-5 sentences about your work. It is acceptable to submit jpgs from multiple projects; your statement can take a general look at your work, in total. Please include titles of your submitted photographs in your artist’s statement, if necessary.
As of Thursday, May 20th, here are our confirmed reviewers:
- Sue Brisk – Editorial Director, Magnum Photos, NYC, NY
- Brian Clamp – Owner, Clampart, NYC, NY
- Daniel Cooney – Owner, Cooney Fine Art, NYC, NY
- Julian Cox – Head Curator of Photography, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, GA
- Natasha Egan – Assoc. Dir. Museum of Contemporary Photography, Chicago, IL
- Dana Faconti – Editor & Publisher, Blind Spot, NYC, NY
- Sylvie Fortin – Editor, Art Papers, Atlanta, GA
- Debra Klomp – Owner, Klompching Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Carol McCusker – Curator, MOPA, San Diego, CA
- Danielle Place – Creative Director, Photography Department, Turner Images, Atlanta, GA
- Erik Schneider – Owner, Quality Pictures, Portland, OR
- Anna Skillman – Owner, Jackson Fine Art, Atlanta, GA
- Madeline Yale – Director of Houston Center for Photography, Houston, TX
You may pay for your registration with a major credit card. Your card will not be charged unless you are selected as one of the 52 photographers. On the day of the Portfolio Review, work must be shown to the reviewers as prints, and cannot be reviewed on laptops or other computers.
BEGIN REGISTRATION HERE.