The Center for Fine art Photography in Fort Collins, CO has two 2010 Call for Entries.
1.) Animalia, Deadline March 16, 2010, Juror: Karen Irvine.
2.) Consumption, Deadline April 13th, 2010 Juror: Brian Paul Clamp.
From the Center for Fine Art Photography website regarding Animalia:
“Theme: Animals represent strength, agility, power, royalty, vulnerability and fertility. They serve as important symbols in popular culture, national identity, religion, ecology, mythology and art. The Center is looking for images that insightfully portray the diversity of the animal kingdom.
Juror: Karen Irvine is Curator and Manager of Publications of the Museum of Contemporary Photography, Columbia College Chicago. She has organized numerous one-person exhibitions including: Anthony Goicolea; Shirana Shahbazi: Goftare Nik/Good Words; Jason Salavon; Paul Shambroom: Evidence of Democracy; and Alec Soth: Sleeping by the Mississippi. Thematic group exhibitions include Audible Imagery: Sound and Photography; The Furtive Gaze, Camera/Action: Performance and Photography; and Anticipation.
Exhibition and Awards: With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
- liveBooks Website Award: Valued at $399 each, two artists will receive a 1 year subscription for a website from www.livebooks.com
- Juror’s Selection Award: $300 and a Blurb book award from www.Blurb.com
- Director’s Selection Award: $200 and a Blurb book award from www.Blurb.com
- Honorable Mention Award: $100
- Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
- All exhibitors are included in the Center’s online gallery”
For more information on the Animalia Call for Entries, click here.
To get information about the Consumption Call for Entries, click here.