From the website:
- This is an open call for submissions.
- All photographers in Canada, the UK and the US, 34 years of age and under, may submit.
- All submission requirements and instructions are on our web site, at www.magentafoundation.org/submissions/ff2010
- Submissions close on Thu, Dec 31, 2009.
Jurors for 2010
- Liz Ikiriko – Photo Editor, Toronto Life Magazine
- Daniel Espeset, photo-eye Magazine
- Myrabelle Charlebois – Photo Editor, enRoute Magazine
- Erin Elder – Manager, Business Development, Digital Media, The Globe and Mail
- Lorna Mary – Company Manager, Rhubarb-Rhubarb Festival
- Chris Littlewood – Photography Coordinator, Flowers East Gallery
- Simon Bainbridge, British Journal of Photography, London
- Aaron Schuman – Director/Editor, Seesaw Magazine
This past November I was excited to see the exhibition of the work selected for Flash Forward 2009, one of my favorite of the contemporary offerings at FotoWeek DC. I hope many of my readers had a chance to see it. To view a list of winners, click here. The publication is worth seeing. I encourage readers to enter the 2010 competition.
- Andy Adams – Editor/Publisher, Flak Photo
- Amanda Maddox – Assistant Curator of Photography and Media Arts at the Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Susan Bright – Independent art writer and curator based in NY
2010 marks Magenta’s launch of the new bi-annual Flash Forward Festival celebrating”emerging photographers from Canada, United Kingdom and the United States” which will be held in Toronto, Canada October 6-10, 2010. Plan now to attend!
Here is how the Festival was described in the press release:
“Set to take over Toronto’s Liberty Village area, Flash Forward Festival will provide an in-depth experience for emerging photographers with educational and networking opportunities including events with collectors, arts enthusiasts and industry professionals. The festival will include five curated exhibitions (representing Canada, the UK and the US, plus one guest nation), as well as workshops, a lecture series, nightly events, an art fair and a major closing event that will be filmed and transmitted globally.”
See you there!