World Press Photo Contest
Deadline to request an Application Log-in is Friday January 8th, 2010
January 14th, is the Deadline to submit your images
For full details click here.
From the website about the contest and the jurors:
“The 2010 contest will, for the first time, focus in depth on the categories Nature, Sports and Portraits by creating specialized juries for these categories.
World Press Photo managing director Michiel Munneke explains: “We want to make specific use of the views, knowledge and experience of these specialized juries. By doing so we hope to raise the overall standard of what is required within these categories even further, and consequently to up the level of the results.”
Some suggestions from the announcement:
Before requesting the user name and password below, here are some
tips for using the web entry site:
* The web entry site works like an account where you can log in and
out as often as you wish. You have a total of six weeks for your
submissions. Start uploading your entries as soon as possible.
* Entries can be submitted per photographer or for all photographers
* An image may only be entered once, either as a single or as part of
* A story/portfolio must contain a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12
* Images can be uploaded as .jpg or as zip files. To upload a story
or more than one single image, you can compress up to 12 images in a
* All images must meet the following specifications:
- Images must be at least 3,000 pixels in length.
- Each image must be saved as a separate JPEG with the highest
- An embedded ICC profile is required. AdobeRGB or sRGB is
recommended for color images, Gamma 2.2 for black and white. No CMYK.
* The content of the image must not be altered. Only retouching which
conforms to currently accepted standards in the industry is allowed.
The jury is the ultimate arbiter of these standards and may at its
discretion request the original, unretouched file as recorded by the
camera or an untoned scan of the negative or slide.
* The required metadata (creation date, place, country and caption/
description) will automatically be copied from the image files, if
* After having uploaded a photographers’ images, you may still edit
the order of the images within a story and change or add metadata if
Click the link below to register for a user name and password to
submit multiple entries the 2010 World Press Photo Contest online.
Note that the deadline for requesting a login is 8 January 2010, 23.
59 Central European Time.
The user name and password will be send to you in two separate emails.
Please read the password email carefully as it contains useful
information as well as the link to access the web entry site.
The deadline for submitting entries is 14 January 2010, 23.59 Central European Time.