Also this year marks the first year of the new bi-annual Flash Forward Festival.
Here is how the Festival was described in the press release:
Set to take over Toronto’s Liberty Village area, Flash Forward Festival will provide an in-depth experience for emerging photographers with educational and networking opportunities including events with collectors, arts enthusiasts and industry professionals. The festival will include five curated exhibitions (representing Canada, the UK and the US, plus one guest nation), as well as workshops, a lecture series, nightly events, an art fair and a major closing event that will be filmed and transmitted globally.
From the website:
- This is an open call for submissions.
- All photographers in Canada, the UK and the US, 34 years of age and under, may submit.
- All submission requirements and instructions are on our web site, at www.magentafoundation.org/submissions/ff2010
Jurors for 2010
- Liz Ikiriko – Photo Editor, Toronto Life Magazine
- Daniel Espeset, photo-eye Magazine
- Myrabelle Charlebois – Photo Editor, enRoute Magazine
- Erin Elder – Manager, Business Development, Digital Media, The Globe and Mail
- Lorna Mary – Company Manager, Rhubarb-Rhubarb Festival
- Chris Littlewood – Photography Coordinator, Flowers East Gallery
- Simon Bainbridge, British Journal of Photography, London
- Aaron Schuman – Director/Editor, Seesaw Magazine
- Andy Adams – Editor/Publisher, Flak Photo
- Amanda Maddox – Assistant Curator of Photography and Media Arts at the Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Susan Bright – Independent art writer and curator based in NY