CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS BOOKS CONFERENCE
New York City | October 2-3 2009
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
“In collaboration with Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair, the Art Libraries Society of New York (ARLIS/NY) announces a conference on contemporary artists’ books. The program will include speakers, panels, artists’ presentations, and receptions. The conference focuses on recent developments in artists’ books. Sessions this year focus on zines, data-oriented artists’ books, reprints, print on demand, and criticism. These and other themes are intended to encourage dialog amongst scholars, collectors, artists, and librarians.
The Conference will be held on the third floor of P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center.
CONFERENCE SESSIONS (a detailed description of the sessions is here):
1. Empirical Experience: The Artist, Information, and the Book / moderator: Matthew Carson
2. Furthering the Critical Dialogue: / moderator: Tony White
3. Is Print Really Dead? Artists (Still) Making Books / moderator: Carol Rusk
4. Print On Demand First-Hand / moderator: Jennifer Tobias
5. Zines : Institutional Collecting, Zine Makers, and the Fine Line of Art / moderators: Deirdre Lawrence & Ryan Haley
6. KEYNOTE: Maria Eichhorn and Seth Siegelaub in Conversation With Christophe Cherix”
For a detailed description of the presentations, click here.
I attended the CABC last year, along with the NY Art Book Fair, both fantastic – not to be missed!