|En Foco, Inc and Canson Infinity invite fine art and documentary photographers of any nationality or ethnicity to submit work to People/Places/Things, an international competition celebrating En Foco’s 35th Anniversary.
Our aim is to identify and promote talented emerging and mid-career artists working today, creating cross-cultural dialogue, and providing artists with exposure and access to those that may be able to envision opportunities beyond the scope of this competition. All photo-based works are eligible.
||EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: JUNE 24, 2009
An additional $10 per category submission will apply for an extended deadline of July 1, 2009.
||$45, payable by credit card during the online entry process at callforentry.org.
All entrants receive an En Foco Membership (or extension), and a Canson Infinity Discovery Pack.
||• Darren Ching, PDN and KlompChing Gallery
• Hossein Farmani, Farmani Gallery
• Danielle Jackson, Magnum Photos
• Cat Jimenez, Lucie Foundation
• Debra Klomp Ching, KlompChing Gallery
• Edwin Ramoran, Aljira, a Center for Contemporary Art
• Mark Sealy, Autograph: ABP
• Elizabeth Shank, Bruce Silverstein Gallery
All submissions will be pre-reviewed by a Committee comprised of En Foco Curators and Advisors; then our eight distinguished jurors will review the top 40 in each category, and the finalists selected.
|HOW TO SUBMIT:
||ONLINE at CallForEntry.org, a secure web-based service. Create your FREE profile, and use their easy to follow tutorials for upload.
Submit five images that convey a story around the particular theme you are applying to. The category is open to your creative interpretation. One winner will be chosen for each of the three categories, plus 12 honorable mentions (four in each category).
||• Register at CallforEntry.org, and follow the directions for sizing and uploading your images.
• $45 entry fee, payable by credit card during the online entry process. Entry fee includes a one-year En Foco Membership or extension (a $50 value).
• Submit 5 tightly edited images from the same series, to one Category (either People, Places, or Things). Each image should have its full title/caption information (title, series title, year taken, medium and size).
• Resume/CV should be pasted into your application where prompted.
• Artist Statement of up to 350 words.
• Artists may submit to additional categories, with a separate portfolio and entry fee for each if desired. An entry fee is required each submission, and you will need to return to CaFE Registration to start a new profile.