From the Magnum Photos website:
The Inge Morath Award
Magnum Photos announces the fifth Inge Morath Prize to be awarded to a woman photographer under thirty years of age. The $5000 prize is given to assist in the completion of a long term documentary project. Inge Morath was an Austrian-born photographer who was associated with Magnum for almost fifty years. She died in January, 2002. As Inge devoted much of her enthusiasm to encouraging women photographers, this award is given as a tribute by her colleagues.
Form of Submission
Images should be sent as a Powerpoint slide show. No Quicktime presentations, PDF or HTML files will be accepted. A folder with the individual image files should accompany the Powerpoint file.
Image file the specifications are:
– 40-60 images
– file size: 1200 pixels on the longest side @ 150 DPI saved as a Jpeg compression at 8
– images should be numbered in the order that you wish them to be presented, with the number coming first in the file name (to ensure the correct sequence use two digits, example: 01_, 02, 03) and then your last name. F.ex. 01_Smith, 02_Smith, 03_Smith etc. Please do not use any spacing in the name.
Please test the CD before you send it and be sure to label it with your name and contact details. If your portfolio does not meet these requirements, it will not be considered.
– Send a project description (optional; maximum one page)
– Curriculum Vitae (required; maximum three pages) including photographer’s name, telephone number, plus shipping and mailing address.
– Please include a copy of your ID which clearly shows your date of birth. Applicants must still be under the age of 30 before April 30th.
Submissions should be sent to:
Inge Morath Award
c/o Magnum Photos
151 West 25th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Deadline: All materials must be post marked no later than April 30, 2008
Award Announcement: July 15, 2008
Return of material is the responsibility of the applicant. Submissions that are not accompanied by SASE will not be returned.