This is a great opportunity for Arizona photographers. I appreciate their full disclosure of rights sought from those who are commissioned. Take a look:
From the Piper Trust website:
“Picturing Maricopa 2010″
15 Agencies/15 Photographers
CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
Piper Trust is seeking talented Arizona photographers to take images of Maricopa County nonprofit agencies as part of a community photography project.
Fifteen photographers will be selected by an Advisory Committee (museum photography curator, graphic designer and photography educator) based on the review of special portfolios submitted to Piper Trust.
The project goal is to create photographs that the agencies can use in telling their stories in online and print publications.
An exhibition at Burton-Barr Central Library
, Phoenix, featuring approximately 40 photographs from the project, will open in October 2010, followed by a tour of four additional Valley arts venues in 2011.
Commission & Image Rights
* Piper Trust will pay each of the 15 professional* photographers selected compensation of $1,500 for the Picturing Maricopa project work.
* Piper Trust will retain promotional rights to use the images in foundation publications.
* Each participating nonprofit agency will retain promotional rights to use the images produced for the agency to communicate agency services to the public.
* Photographers will retain copyright and use of the photographs for self-promotional purposes. No third party may use the images without prior written agreement. All usage rights are for an unlimited period.
* Appropriate credit will be given to the photographer whenever an image is used.
* For the purpose of the project, “professional” means any individual whose primary living comes from photography – whether as a photo journalist, commercial photographer, artist or photography educator.
1. An interested photographer must provide an online editorial portfolio for review; images should be placed on a single web page with no more than 15 photographs in the gallery. Send online portfolio link to Roberta Lind, email@example.com by May 7. Please also provide mail and email addresses and telephone number.
2. The photographer must agree to the project specifications and timeline.
3. After completion of the photo shoot, the photographer will select and send 12 to 15 digital photographs for exhibition consideration. At the same time, all photos and outtakes should be provided on discs to Piper Trust in both high res and jpeg formats.”
To view the 15 photographers chosen for last years Picturing Maricopa Project, click here.
To get more information about how to enter, click here.