From the website:
Fifteen photographers will be chosen to display their twelve-image portfolio in The Center for Fine Art Photography’s Portfolio ShowCase Volume 4: Book and Online Exhibition. The show will be featured on the Center’s web site at www.c4fap.org on March 1, 2010 and will remain online for the next two years. The awarded Solo Exhibition at the Center will open on Friday, May 7, 2010, during which time Juror, Katherine Ware will be in attendance and signing books. On Saturday, May 8, 2010, Ms. Ware will be offering portfolio reviews and giving a public talk that evening.
Theme: Open – There is no theme for this exhibition.
The images will be evaluated as a cohesive body of work, rather than individual images.
Juror: Katherine Ware
Katherine Ware is the curator of photography at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe. She previously served as Curator of Photographs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where she served as curator and author of Elemental Landscapes: Photographs by Harry Callahan.
- Juror’s Selection – Book Cover Award: The Juror will select one portfolio to be the first presented in the publication Portfolio ShowCase Volume 4, with one of the artist’s images selected for the cover.
- Exhibition Award: One photographer will be chosen to display their portfolio in the Center’s South Gallery, May 7 – 29.
- Portfolio Reviews: All fifteen selected photographers will be offered a portfolio review by Katherine Ware at the Center on May 8, 2010.
- Book: All fifteen selected portfolios will be featured in the Portfolio ShowCase Volume 4 which will include the artists’ portraits, statements and contact information. Each artist will receive one complimentary book, with the option to purchase additional books. The book will be signed and include an introduction by the Juror.
- Online Exhibition: All fifteen selected artists will be featured on the Center’s web site starting on March 1, 2010 as well as for an additional two years in the Center’s Previous Exhibitions section.
- All fifteen photographers will receive a 1-year subscription to Artists’ ShowCase Online, the Center’s online image marketing website (preview at www.artists-showcase.org).