From the AphotoaADay Blog
It’s that time of year again for the best little underground photo conference out there – GeekFest. St. Petersburg, Fla. is the place to be September 11-13. $100 is a low price to pay for inspiration and motivation and fun.
Our list of speakers is still taking shape, but it’s already pretty outstanding:
* National Geographic photo legend Sam Abell
* 2009 Pulitzer Prize Winner for Feature Photography and New York Times stud Damon Winter
* 2009 Pulitzer Prize Winner for Breaking News Photography and Miami Herald super star Patrick Farrell
* former Dallas Morning News photographer turned bad ass freelancer Allison V. Smith
* San Antonio Express-News community photojournalist turned war photographer Nicole Frugé
* photo guru Bryan Moss
* San Jose Mercury News multimedia superstar Dai Sugano
* Alexis Lambert, lawyer, specializing in media law
Other things we’re cooking up include: a shuffleboard tournament, a shoot-out, a silent print auction and more… If you’ve never been to GeekFest before, it’s not your normal photo conference. It’s laid back. It’s low key. And it’s a pretty full weekend of photo goodness. We like to keep it casual and comfortable. Everyone that comes is there for inspiration, plain and simple.
To register, go here and click on the button to donate.